A unique concept that combines the classic nurturing of a SPA with a mystical Andean approach. All products are 100% natural, derived from local botanical extracts, providing a pleasing spiritual, sensual and soothing experience.
Treatments can take place in your room with an additional charge, the Andean Hot Stones treatment is only offered in the UNU SPA.
Inspired by a variety of saunas, Inkaterra Machu Picchu has created a unique Andean Sauna, where stones are heated in a candle-lit eucalyptus hut. Located next to the natural spring water pond.
This therapy starts with a foot soak using a combination of salts with various plants and flowers. The exfoliation treatment is then applied removing the dead skin and re-hydrating the skin. This is followed by a relaxing foot massage. An excellent treatment after walking the Inca trail. The fragrances utilized are mint, eucalyptus, mountain lemon, orchids, natural fragrances, and a combination of local fresh plucked leaves and tree bark.
This is a classic soothing experience: first a relaxing foot bath, with your choice of our fragrances followed by a foot exfoliation and a Reflexology treatment. Reflexology involves the principal that all body parts can be stimulated by applying pressure to the specific points in the feet. A reflexology treatment can increase blood circulation and promote special body and muscular functions. The fragrances utilized are mint and eucalyptus, mountain lemon, orchids, natural fragrances and a combination of local fresh plucked leaves and tree bark.
This massage helps to de-stress the body and restore physical, mental and emotional balance. The massage therapist uses techniques designed to help guests recover flexibility and achieve maximum relaxation. It consists of passive stretching and applied pressure, using fingers, hands, feet, elbows, and knees along the energy lines of the body. The fragrances utilized are mint, eucalyptus, mountain lemon, orchids and natural fragrances.
Dual De-stress Massage
This is the “de-stress” massage for couples. Each has his or her own therapist, who uses both stretching and applied pressure to help restore your physical, mental and emotional balance.
Andean Hot Stones
Stones from the river, bathed in warm water and anointed with your choice of fragranced oils, are placed on the main energy points of the body and incorporated in a rhythmic massage sequence. The stones release their warmth and power to the tired and tense muscles, promoting inner peace and deep relaxation. The face massage is done using Serpentine; this Machu Picchu Andean gemstone is an excellent meditation stone, which is thought to inspire longevity and to induce retrieval of ancient wisdom. The fragrances utilized are mint, eucalyptus, mountain lemon, orchids and natural fragrances.
Machu Picchu Exfolation
According to your skin type, the best suited exfoliation is selected. The treatment increases blood circulation, eliminates impurities and removes the dead layer of skin from the body. This exfoliation is followed by hydrating 30 minutes massages using a coca cream which nourishes the skin. The fragrances utilized are natural fragrances and coca leaves. The coca leaf has been identified as one of the essential elements of the magical, religious and medicinal rituals of the Andean tradition. Coca leaves are a natural stimulant containing vitamins and minerals. Our Coca Treatments are designed to detoxify and improve the body’s blood circulation.
This treatment starts with a lymphatic drainage massage using a blend of Coca oil and cream, to increase the flow of the lymphatic system. Afterwards, a natural mask of a blend of Coca leaf is applied to the entire body, for 20 minutes. While in the body wrap a lymphatic face drainage massage is offered. After the cleansing shower, a nourishing and hydrating Coca cream is applied to the entire body. This treatment is designed to help the body eliminate unwanted toxins. Coca leaf is the only fragrance utilized. The Coca leaf has been identified as one of the essential elements of the magical, religious and medicinal rituals of the Andean tradition. Coca leaves are a natural stimulant, containing vitamins and minerals. Our Coca treatments are designed to detoxify and improve the body’s blood circulation.
This exclusive treatment either starts or ends with a purification session in our Andean sauna. A Lymphatic Drainage Massage is done using a blend of Coca oil and cream to increase the flow of the lymphatic system; afterwards, a natural mask of a blend of Coca leaf is applied to the entire body for 20 minutes. While in the body wrap, a lymphatic face drainage is offered. After the cleansing, shower a nourishing and hydrating Coca cream is applied to the entire body. Coca leaves is the only fragrance utilized. The Coca leaf has been identified as one of the essential elements of the magical, religious and medicinal rituals of the Andean tradition. Coca leaves are a natural stimulant, containing vitamins and minerals. Our Coca treatments are designed to detoxify and improve the body’s blood circulation.
Experience a reconnection to Pachamama in Machu Picchu through our Reiki Treatment. Reiki is an ancient energy healing art that uses the technique of hand imposition. Rei means universal and Ki means energy. Reiki balances the energy in the body, renewing vitality and bringing out a powerful feeling of relaxation. It can be used to relieve problems associated with stress, chronic illness and post-operative pain. Reiki works on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects. For this treatment it is not necessary to take off any clothes.
- Please advice your therapist of any allergies, prescription drug use, pregnancy or any other medical conditions prior to all treatments.
- Guests must be 16 years old or older to use the UNU Spa services, otherwise they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Please turn off your cell phone while in the Spa.
- A towel and drinking water will be provided after your session or sauna.
- Please wear a bathing suit or something suitable for the sauna.
- The sauna session lasts for 45 minutes; please note that it is recommended to take a break half way through the session; plunging into the pond to cool down is optional, but recommended.
- Please lots of drink water throughout the sauna session.
- The person in charge of the sauna will remain next to the door at all times in case you may need assistance.
- Inside the sauna, use the water provided, in the enamel bowel with the eucalyptus leaves to place water onto the hot rocks.
- To open the sauna door from the inside push it away from you.
- Please avoid candle wax or any other combustible material on the hot rocks inside the sauna.
- Do not eat, drink alcohol, exercise or smoke in the sauna.
- Do not wear any jewellery inside the sauna, as it may cause skin burns.
- Do not use the sauna if you have severe low or high blood pressure.
- Do not use the sauna if you have any chronic heart disease.
- Do not use the sauna if you are diabetic or have epilepsy.