ENA is Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica’s unique Spa, combining classic nurturing with the exotic ingredients of the Amazon. All of our Spa products are 100% natural, derived from nature botanical extracts, thus providing spiritually soothing experience that is entirely local. The ENA Spa is located on the banks of the Madre de Dios River, facing Rolin Island, providing a great spot for watching Amazonian sunsets, adding to the relaxation of the traveler’s experience.
- Amazon Purification Treatment: This treatment starts with a Lymphatic Drainage massage, using a blend of a cream made from the plant called “Cat’s Claw”, to increase the flow of the lymphatic system. A Cat’s Claw gel mask is applied to the entire body and leaving it wrapped in cloths for 20 minutes. While the body rests wrapped, a face lymphatic drainage massage is done. During this time, the body absorbs the gel mask. To finish the treatment a cooling Amazonia body mist is applied. This is Reserva Amazonica’s signature treatment, designed to purify and cleanse the body. Cat’s Claw (Uncaria tomentosa) is a local medicinal plant from the Amazon. Some of its properties include: blood cleanser, detoxifier, diuretic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
- Reserva Amazonica Body Exfoliation: A natural selection of locally grown cocoa plants are used in this treatment. The exfoliator is rich in anti-oxidants, which combat free radicals in the body. This treatment promotes blood circulation, eliminates impurities, and removes the dead layer of skin from the body. It creates a polished effect, improving the skin’s appearance, leaving it smooth and soft. The exfoliation is followed by a rehydrating cocoa milk, which nourishes and protects the skin.
- Cooling Massage Treatment: Using a fragrance of Mint and Copaiba, the body receives a massage with a cooling gel, designed to de-stress the body and restore its physical, mental, and emotional balance. Techniques used aim at recovering flexibility, and deeply relaxing the guest. Copaiba is a local medicinal plant with wonderful antiseptic properties, good for skin allergies and insect bites. A light body mist spray finishes the therapy.
- Reflexology: This therapy is a classic soothing experience that starts with a relaxing foot bath, with your choice of fragrance, followed by a foot exfoliation and the Reflexology treatment. Reflexology is based on the principle that stimulating specific areas of the feet can produce beneficial effects on related parts of the body. By applying pressure of these reflex points, can you increase blood circulation and promote special positive health benefits.
- Cold Stone Massage: For this therapy stones taken from the Madre de Dios River are bathed in our Inkaterra blend of Natural Oil, and then applied on to the main energy points of the body. Then, the remaining stones are incorporated in a rhythmic massage sequence. The stones hold the power of Mother Hearth. This power is released to help cool and relieve tension in the body. Afterwards the face massage is applied using a Peruvian Turquoise gemstone. Turquoise is a special stone used to increase power and heal the heart. This therapy promotes wholeness, peace of mind, self-expression and creativity.
- Reiki: REI means universal and KI means energy. Reiki balances the energy in the body, renewing vitality and allowing a powerful feeling or relaxation through the laying on of hands. It can be used to relieve problems associated with stress, tension, chronic illness, and post-operative pain. Reiki works on four of the body’s level-the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels. Treatment is done while the guest is fully clothed.