Equipment and Luggage
It is important that you bring only necessary clothing and equipment to the lodge. Due to weight and space limitations on the boat, passenger luggage is limited to 10 kg. (22 lbs.) per person.
Storage is available at Inkaterra Butterfly House, near the airport in Puerto Maldonado. We recommend that you bring:
- Long pants and long sleeve shirt made from a light breathable material
- Good water resistant trekking shoes; > Raingear and light rain clothes (back-up gear is a good idea)
- Sun block, sun hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Insect repellent
- A converter, since electricity voltage is 220. The hotel has a limited number of converters available
- Contact lens solution and an extra set of contact lenses or glasses
- Don’t forget your camera and/or video camera (we recommend a waterproof case), and, if it is not digital, bring plenty of film!
- Extra batteries.
Please note that when entering the Butterfly House, wear clothes without insect repellant (Buzz off clothing or sprayed on repellants).