Know the weather forecast and the suggested packing list of your destination/s in order to prepare the required appropriate clothing, foot wear, accessories, toiletries and sanitary kit. The weather varies dramatically depending upon elevation and season.
Comfortable clothing and hiking shoes is the rule and fancy clothes are not necessary, though proper attire may be suggested for evenings out or formal occasions when in Lima.This list contains almost all items that could be useful during your trip to Peru. Some of the items listed below may not be necessary, depending on the destinations.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Warm socks.
- Layers of clothing to be prepared for hot days and cold nights.
- Hiking boots or shoes.
- Raincoat or jacket.
Luggage and Accessories
- Money belt.
- Back pack or hand carry tote for day tours.
- Walking stick (optional).
Medicine and Other Sanitary Items
- Basic medicine or first aid kit (minor aches pills, band aids, cotton, alcohol).
- Sun screen lotion and lip balm.
- Insect repellent.
- Baby wipes/Wet tissues.
- Another option is to carry anti-bacterial gel.